Our journey through life’s challenges can be so much easier when we have a map!
Encoded within the great stories of humankind are patterns of growth and transformation which we can draw upon as incredible resources in our own life journeys. 60 years ago, Joseph Campbell published The Hero with a Thousand Faces which described the core pattern that is repeated in all the world’s great mythological stories across diverse cultures. The reason all these stories share the same pattern is because they describe a psychological process of growth and maturing which is embedded in our DNA, just as learning to walk or talk is in our DNA.
Ancient cultures understood the importance of these psychological growth processes and used story, ceremony and initiation rituals to help guide people through the various challenges and trials that life throws at them.
Nowadays we lack such guidance and tribal support and many people are left struggling to figure it out on their own. If only they knew that countless generations of people have faced their own versions of these challenges and left a map for us to follow – the distilled wisdom of the elders encoded into stories and myths.
The Hero/Heroine’s Journey is week long workshop where we de-code that ancient wisdom in a way that is useful to us today. As well as drawing on Joseph Cambell’s work, we also draw on Maureen Murdock’s The Heroine’s Journey.
Sat July 13th 1pm – Friday 19th July 2pm, Iluka, NSW
Investment: $1450 full, $1295 concession inc GST (Early Bird pricing to 15 June: $1350 full, $1195 concession)
Includes accommodation in, Iluka, NSW, all meals, materials, facilitation, individual and group healings, accommodation in shared rooms. Please contract us if you are experiencing financial hardship.
A $250 deposit will secure your place, payable by clicking on the link to the left. For more options, call 0407 650 026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
During this retreat, you will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with and develop your own inner hero/heroine
- Discover fresh inner resources and sources of strength to overcome challenges
- Develop your own inner map for navigating through life
- Learn about and engage with your own feminine and masculine archytypes
- Be supported and held within circle in deep unflinching ways that nourish mind, body, emotions and soul
- Explore aspects of the sacred masculine and feminine in connection and communication
- Deepen awareness of your priorities and values and how to stand firmly in them in the world with compassion and personal power
- Touch upon the wild nature in us all
- Move forward with understanding and awareness to make positive changes in your life
- Connection, deep listening and inner awareness
- Individual and group work
- Stories and rituals for growth
- Process work
- Shadow work
- Men’s business and women’s business and exploring how the Masculine and Feminine interact in healthy and unhealthy ways
- Deep relaxation and time in nature
- Embodiment and movement
- Sharing and circle time
To book call 0407 650 026 or email email@example.com or through the contact page.
Phoenix Arrien is passionate about supporting people’s journeys towards healing and transformation. She has over 20 years experience, providing sacred transformation and healing spaces for people to, heal and self-discover. Her training and experience includes Aus indigenous healing, Native American healing, Maori Bodywork, Cherokee bodywork, dance/movement, Adventure-based Counselling, Process Work, Voice Dialogue, Healing Ecology, Deep Ecology, writing and meditation. She believes that safe space, sacred process, loving community and non-judgemental presence allows healing and transformation to emerge and deep profound change to occur.
Mike Lowe has over 20 years international experience leading transformational workshops in the areas of trustbuilding and reconciliation. He has worked with politicians and young leaders in Eastern Europe after the fall of communism and has worked with police and former militia leaders in Solomon Islands. His particular gift is in creating safe spaces in which transformation can occur, and he has a particular interest in earth-based spirituality, indigenous wisdom, Process Work, Focussing, Voice-Dialogue, Archetypes, and supporting the rise of healthy and authentic Masculine and Feminine energies as we transition from Patriarchal and colonial ways of being.
“The work that Phoenix and Mike do is beyond your wildest dreams. A safe place to face that which scares you most and embrace that which empowers you and allows you to reconnect with your best self; one that you may have even forgotten. I feel so blessed that your paths have intertwined and will keep these magical souls in my heart and in my life.” – Anthea Merson
“Phoenix and Mike created and held a space which allowed me to go where traditional psychotherapy has not allowed me to go. Thank you. I have immense gratitude and respect for the work you both do with both love and compassion that is so evident. I felt safe and was able to openly express my emotions without fear or judgement among my tribe. I’m filled with a deep sense of calm and leave with an open heart and a thirst for gathering in your safe presence again.
I am lost for words to describe anymore of what I feel and have felt the past 48 hours so I shall leave it at that and sit with love, connection and warmth that is overflowing. With love and gratitude.” – Angela Scott.
“Your ability to create safe space, and hold it with and for our group was magical. I loved being in the bush environment, connecting so deeply and having opportunity to explore new paradigms. It was an amazing opportunity to feel and shift some old stuff in a such a real and safe way, and with such gentle and kind support.
As things are starting to settle and integrate, I’m really starting to notice some things that have changed and improved for me. Here’s a few of them:
- I haven’t had a migraine since leaving the retreat!! My longest break in years! Almost a miracle! I’m now re-pondering my migraine causes and management
- Feeling joy in simple things for the first time in years
- Feeling more playful – finding myself laughing more, and generally lighter & brighter
- Have been drawn back to Zumba, and am experiencing joy in dance again
- Feeling more confidence, inspiration, energy and enthusiasm
- Noticeable improvements in clarity in my thinking and ability to communicate
- I’ve had some interesting and very real conversations that I couldn’t have had before without experiencing emotional overwhelm.
- Feeling drawn to connect – reaching out to people that I’ve known for a while, but not really connected with. Generally, wanting to be around people more.
Much gratitude to you! I am very happy to recommend you, your retreats and your wonderful transformative work”– Denise Belling
“Thank you for providing this healing experience – I feel I have been connected to my inner self and believing now no matter what the circumstances I have the truth and strength to stand tall. I love me and I need to take care of her, we are all connected” – Jennie
‘I had little knowledge of what was in store for this retreat, but it exceeded anything I could have expected and needed. A wonderful balance of connecting with nature, connecting to self and most importantly being held so deeply in vulnerability. Thanks for offering such a powerful space for growth and nurturance.’ Ariana
‘A fantastic week in a fantastic location. Beautiful people, land, river, birds, bush and food. A week embracing healing, letting go, laughter, dance, stillness and contemplation.’ Shauna Cotter