“Shamanism is a path of knowledge, not of faith, and that knowledge cannot come from me or anyone else in this reality. To acquire that knowledge, including the knowledge of the reality of the spirits, it is necessary to step through the shaman’s doorway and acquire empirical evidence.”
Michael Harner, Ph.D., Founder of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies, and author of The Way of the Shaman
Innate Wisdom Connection is excited to announce a series of four training workshops on core shamanism, facilitated by the Foundation for Shamanic Studies.
The workshops will take place in Tennyson, Brisbane, Australia. Camping is available at the site for $7 per night.
The dates are:
- 7–8 July: The Way of the Shaman: Shamanic Journeying, Power and Healing. The basic workshop in Core Shamanism
ADVANCED COURSES (These require The Way of the Shaman to be completed first)
- 10–11 July: Shamanic Extraction Healing Training
- 14–15 July: Shamanism, Dying & Beyond
- 18–19 July: Power Soul Retrieval (Requires Shamanic Extraction and Dying & Beyond courses to be completed first)
Core Shamanism is the universal or near-universal principles and practices of shamanism not bound to any specific cultural group or perspective, as originated, researched, and developed by Michael Harner. Since the modern world overwhelmingly lost its shamanic knowledge centuries ago due to religious and political oppression, the programs in Core Shamanism from The Foundation for Shamanic Studies (FSS) are particularly intended for modern persons to reacquire access to their rightful spiritual heritage through quality workshops and training courses.
Training in core shamanism includes teaching students to alter their consciousness through classic shamanic non-drug techniques such as repetitive drumming so that they can discover their own hidden spiritual resources, transform their lives, and learn how to help others.
The Way of the Shaman: Shamanic Journeying, Power, and Healing
The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
7–8 July 2018. 9am–5.30pm each day.
During the Basic experiential workshop, participants are introduced to core shamanism, the universal and near-universal basic methods of the shaman to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, one of the most remarkable visionary methods used by humankind to explore the hidden universe otherwise known mainly through myth and dream. Participants are initiated into shamanic journeying, aided by drumming and other techniques for experiencing the shamanic state of consciousness and for awakening dormant spiritual abilities, including connections with Nature.
Practice includes comparisons by participants of their discoveries in shamanic journeys as well as being introduced to shamanic divination and healing. They are also provided with methods for journeying to meet and study with their own individual spirit helpers in non-ordinary reality, a classic step in shamanic practice. Participants learn how the journey is utilized to restore spiritual power and health, and how shamanism can be applied in contemporary daily life to help heal oneself, others, and the Planet.
Advanced courses from the Foundation for Shamanic Studies (require the basic Way of the Shaman course first)
Shamanic Extraction Healing Training
10–11 July 2018. 9–5.30pm each day.
Participants are initiated into the extraction method of healing, including how to see, sense, and remove localized illness and pain connected to spiritual factors. This is an important part of shamanic healing training. They will also learn how shamanic practitioners can work in partnership to increase the effectiveness of this work. The Extraction Healing Training workshop is designed exclusively for people who want to bring shamanic healing work into their practice with others. The training is not designed for people looking for personal healing.
Shamanism, Dying and Beyond
14–15 July 2018. 9–5.30pm each day.
Participants learn how to explore dying and the destiny of souls from a shamanic perspective. The workshop is both for those who wish to learn for themselves, and for those who wish to help others who are in terminal situations or who have already passed on. Experiences to be undertaken include learning how to become experientially familiar with the after-death realms, tracking a person using shamanic journeying, completing unfinished business, helping a person to cross over (classic psychopomp work).
Power Soul Retrieval Training
18–19 July 2018. 9–5.30pm each day.
Soul Retrieval is one of the most powerful shamanic healing practices. It aims to return portions of the soul that may have moved away from us as a result of trauma or any situation in which we were unprepared to feel the associated emotions. Shamans believe that soul loss is a common source of illness, depression, and chronic fatigue, as well as a variety of mental and emotional disorders. In this advanced course, we will learn how to find and retrieve these portions for clients in a healing session. **Extraction Healing and the Shamanism, Dying and Beyond advanced courses are prerequisite for this course.
Special Offer for those who wish to take all four workshops:
$1650 (Waged) or $1450 (Concession) All prices include GST
What previous participants said:
- Dear Phoenix and Mike. I want to thank you deeply for inviting the Foundation for Shamanic Studies to Australia. It was a fantastic week of courses, but not only that, I feel that it really helped to bring contemporary shamanic practice into our country in a way that all people can practice, no matter where they are from. I personally believe contemporary western society is deeply ill and in dire need of shamanic help and you have helped open a door to that in a very real, practical way. Thank you so much for all the work you do in this space. xxx ” Fam Charko
- The course was everything I hoped it would be. I look forward to practicing what I’ve learned, and I feel I received a lot. The teacher’s approach was great. He made us all feel confident as we undertook the journeys. He’s humble yet very knowledgeable, and offers a gentle but sure atmosphere. I look forward to advanced courses soon.
- Eye-opening, super-effective, and gave me confidence and trust. The teacher’s explanations made me feel that it was easy to access the Upper and Lower Worlds, and it was! I’m definitely registering for advanced courses.
- I was amazed at how easy it was to enter the Lower and Upper Worlds. The teacher is full of humor and patience. His explanations were thorough and with examples pulled from a wide variety of spiritual disciplines.
- Wonderful – new levels of experience came one after the other.
- Nice flow overall, and good balance of theory and practice. We got right into the work!
- I made connections to worlds I hadn’t known before. I could relax and have fun.
- The teacher’s answers to questions were not just replies but rather full of rich clues to understand the nature of shamanism more deeply. I look forward to applying these principles in my life.
- A great workshop. Our guide displays a deep knowledge of the Spirits. I look forward to learning more in advanced workshops.
- The explanations were clear, comprehensive, easy to understand and supported by the teacher’s own rich experience. I feel he’s a wonderful person in both knowledge and humanity.
- To know the existence of the Upper and Lower Worlds alleviates much of the distress here in the Middle World. I feel much lighter. Fascinating talks – I now feel like I’ve read several books on shamanism as a result of this course.
- Learning and practicing shamanism in a shrine is the best of all locations – it had an immense effect on me.
- The teacher maintained a very high quality of course material throughout the duration of the two days – I felt his sincerity.
- The many practical exercises were fun, exciting, easy to learn and understand.
- A very substantial course. Everything worked beautifully. The practices and explanations were profound.
- The course was an amazing experience for me – my first time to experience the Lower and Upper Worlds!
- The teacher knows his material thoroughly, and his sense of humor helps us all relax and feel comfortable.
- Learning to have experiences of my own has been just essential and this workshop succeeds in offering participants their own experiences.
- I felt a wonderful unity in the group, and the shrine in which the course is held is a very holy place.
- Informative, precise, with lots of laughter and stories to explain the principles. I believe this course is the best way shamanism can be offered.
- Enlightening – a good mix of theory and practical exercises. The light-hearted approach worked well.
- I feel inspired and want to study shamanism more! Exciting, interesting. The teacher was just great, and the shrine was the ideal place to practice.
- Learning the essence of shamanism at such a low price is amazing! “Core Shamanism” is just great – it bypasses the ritualistic and religious baggage.
- I now have an overall understanding of shamanism, and what can be achieved with these techniques.
- The teacher is very knowledgeable and makes challenging concepts easy to understand. Very enjoyable.
- Our teacher has a very thorough knowledge of his subject, and I feel fortunate to have had him as my instructor. I look forward to advanced courses with him soon.
Cancellation policy for these workshops: Refundable – less 15% admin/bank fees if cancelled 30 days before the workshop or 50% refundable less admin/banking fees up to 14 days before the workshop begins. No refund 14 days before the workshop begins, during or after the workshop.
[wp_social_sharing social_options=’facebook,twitter,googleplus,linkedin,pinterest’ facebook_text=’Share on Facebook’ twitter_text=’Share on Twitter’ googleplus_text=’Share on Google+’ linkedin_text=’Share on Linkedin’ pinterest_text=”Share on Pinterest” icon_order=’f,t,g,l,p’ s