Heal, transform, open, release, let go and connect with indigenous healing.
The Deep Expansive Healing & Transformation Retreat: Healing Your Hurts, Living Your Essence, Flowing Your Bliss
This is your invitation to spend a week to change your life in the safety of a supportive healing community, connecting with the energies of nature and guided by your own innate healer, the group’s wisdom and the synchronicity of Spirit.
We are honoured that Auntie Jennie, a Wakka-Kabi elder and healer from Southern Queensland will be joining the retreat to share healing and culture. Her warmth and compassion touches every person who is fortunate enough to spend time with her. Phoenix and Mike will be weaving their facilitation to allow the full expression of Auntie’s gifts.
Sun 26 Aug 2pm – Sat 1 Sept 2pm
Investment: $1595 full, $1425 concession inc GST (Early Bird pricing to 30 June: $1485 full, $1315 concession)
Includes accommodation in, Iluka, NSW, all meals, materials, facilitation, individual and group healings, accommodation in shared rooms. Please contract us if you are experiencing financial hardship.
Our week of powerful, safe, sacred, empowering, life-changing healing and transformation is being offered on the Iluka waterfront, close to the glorious rainforest of Bundjalung National Park!
If you ever wanted to connect and share with like-minded people and an indigenous elder, open your heart, feel the ease and power of who you under the layers, be nurtured and nourished or experience genuine transformation, then this is the week for you!
During this retreat, you will have the opportunity to:
- Experience Australian indigenous healing
- Heal and transform issues that are affecting you in your life including both physical and emotional aspects
- Discover deeper personal expression and authenticity
- Feel your personal space within the group and yourself and let go of that which doesn’t support your current situation
- Expand your ability to connect with yourself and others in different ways
- Be supported and held within circle in deep unflinching ways that nourish mind, body, emotions and soul
- Increase self-empowerment by understanding boundaries of where you end and others begin, while stepping into the paradox of one-ness
- Explore aspects of the sacred masculine and feminine in connection and communication
- Deepen awareness of your priorities and values and how to stand firmly in them in the world with compassion and personal power
- Connect with nature in exciting and profound ways
- Touch upon the wild nature in us all
- Move forward with understanding and awareness to make positive changes in your life
- Indigenous healing
- Connection, deep listening and inner awareness
- Individual and group work
- Process work
- Men’s business and women’s business and exploring how the Masculine and Feminine interact in healthy and unhealthy ways
- Deep relaxation and time in nature
- Embodiment and movement
- Sharing and circle time
- Connection to self, others and nature
- The 4 elements and 4 directions
- Connection with the community of all living beings
Location is on the beach at Woody Head, near Iluka, Northern NSW. Pick ups from the bus stop at Iluka is available.
To book call 0407 650 026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact page.
Aunty Jenny Thompson is a Wakka-Kabi woman from Southern Queensland, the co-founder of Gin-Murun-Gari, cultural and spiritual healer and story teller. She is co-owner of the Junjarina Centre for Inspired Living at Tingalpa in Brisbane along with her many other roles as a respected and sought after family counsellor and therapist. Her work spans many decades and many situations. Aunty is a long-time teacher of Phoenix Arrien’s and a deeply respected and skilled indigenous healer.
Phoenix Arrien has over 20 years experience, providing sacred transformation and healing spaces for people to, heal and self-discover. Her training and experience includes Aus indigenous healing, Native American healing, Maori Bodywork, Cherokee bodywork, dance/movement, Adventure-based Counselling, Process Work, Voice Dialogue, Healing Ecology, Deep Ecology, writing and meditation. She believes that safe space, sacred process, loving community and non-judgemental presence allows healing and transformation to emerge and deep profound change to occur.
Mike Lowe has over 20 years international experience leading transformational workshops in the areas of trustbuilding and reconciliation. He has worked with politicians and young leaders in Eastern Europe after the fall of communism and has worked with police and former militia leaders in Solomon Islands. His particular gift is in creating safe spaces in which transformation can occur, and he has a particular interest in earth-based spirituality, indigenous wisdom, Process Work, Focussing, Voice-Dialogue, Archetypes, and supporting the rise of healthy and authentic Masculine and Feminine energies as we transition from Patriarchal and colonial ways of being.
“The work that Phoenix and Mike do is beyond your wildest dreams. A safe place to face that which scares you most and embrace that which empowers you and allows you to reconnect with your best self; one that you may have even forgotten. I feel so blessed that your paths have intertwined and will keep these magical souls in my heart and in my life.” – Anthea Merson
“As an experienced health practitioner and healer, I was very impressed by Auntie Jennie’s workshop. She displayed her gifts as a powerful healer and shaman carrying the ancient wisdom of her traditional lineage. Auntie clearly is “the real deal”. A great teacher too. She has such a warm heart and spreads joy, love and power with her work. Highly recommended. – Dr Ralph Ballard
“Phoenix and Mike created and held a space which allowed me to go where traditional psychotherapy has not allowed me to go. Thank you. I have immense gratitude and respect for the work you both do with both love and compassion that is so evident. I felt safe and was able to openly express my emotions without fear or judgement among my tribe. I’m filled with a deep sense of calm and leave with an open heart and a thirst for gathering in your safe presence again.
I am lost for words to describe anymore of what I feel and have felt the past 48 hours so I shall leave it at that and sit with love, connection and warmth that is overflowing. With love and gratitude.” – Angela Scott.
“Your ability to create safe space, and hold it with and for our group was magical. I loved being in the bush environment, connecting so deeply and having opportunity to explore new paradigms. It was an amazing opportunity to feel and shift some old stuff in a such a real and safe way, and with such gentle and kind support.
As things are starting to settle and integrate, I’m really starting to notice some things that have changed and improved for me. Here’s a few of them:
- I haven’t had a migraine since leaving the retreat!! My longest break in years! Almost a miracle! I’m now re-pondering my migraine causes and management
- Feeling joy in simple things for the first time in years
- Feeling more playful – finding myself laughing more, and generally lighter & brighter
- Have been drawn back to Zumba, and am experiencing joy in dance again
- Feeling more confidence, inspiration, energy and enthusiasm
- Noticeable improvements in clarity in my thinking and ability to communicate
- I’ve had some interesting and very real conversations that I couldn’t have had before without experiencing emotional overwhelm.
- Feeling drawn to connect – reaching out to people that I’ve known for a while, but not really connected with. Generally, wanting to be around people more.
Much gratitude to you! I am very happy to recommend you, your retreats and your wonderful transformative work” – Denise Belling
I found Auntie Jennie through my grief counseler … she was looking for somewhere for me to go to help heal after losing my husband. As it turned out I found Aunt Jenny to be wonderful and I am looking forward to seeing her again. She has a very peaceful and welcoming way about her and I would not hesitate to recommend her to others who need healing – Margaret Lanksch
“Thank you for providing this healing experience – I feel I have been connected to my inner self and believing now no matter what the circumstances I have the truth and strength to stand tall. I love me and I need to take care of her, we are all connected” – Jennie
Auntie Jennie’s Healing Workshop was quite an important step for me on the journey of emotionally healing my Heart, my Soul and therefore my Physical body as well – Warwick Sayer
To come together for ceremony with Aunty Jenny is an experience that I would recommend to everyone. It is an honour to feel the protection, compassion and wisdom of such a great woman. – Lindi Dunn
‘I had little knowledge of what was in store for this retreat, but it exceeded anything I could have expected and needed. A wonderful balance of connecting with nature, connecting to self and most importantly being held so deeply in vulnerability. Thanks for offering such a powerful space for growth and nurturance.’ Ariana
Auntie Jennie is a wonderfully warm Wakka-Kabi elder from South Queensland. I have found her to be very generous with her knowledge and very approachable. She tells stories of deep significance for the healing of all and offers a place of dialogue between indigenous and non indigenous people. – Dominique Plummans
‘A fantastic week in a fantastic location. Beautiful people, land, river, birds, bush and food. A week embracing healing, letting go, laughter, dance, stillness and contemplation.’ Shauna Cotter