More info on venue, transport, location and details
Location – Start and Finish:
We meet in Kununurra at 9.30am on 19 June 2017. The meeting location will be sent in the details triggered by your booking on Trybookings. If you are on a payment plan or paying straight into the account by e-banking or over the counter, please contact us to be emailed these details.
We will return to Kununurra on the fifth day on the evening of 23rd, at around 7pm. Accommodation before and after departing for Home Valley Station is your responsibility.
Home Valley station is 110km from Kununurra on mostly sealed roads, including 36km along the Gibbs river track – considered one of Australia’s top 4WD adventures. The drive takes around 5 hours each way by 4WD.
This map of Australia shows Kununurra and Broome. This Eastern Kimberley Retreat starts and ends in Kununurra. The Western Kimberley Eco-Healing adventure starts and ends in Broome. These two locations are linked by regional flights or by Greyhound bus.
What is included:
- 4WD transport to and from Home Valley Station
- 4WD transport to various spectacular locations in the Eastern Kimberley
- Accommodation in shared permanent tents or BYO camping
- Breakfasts (if in shared permanent tents)
- Teas, Coffee and morning and afternoon teas
- All facilitation and materials
What is not included:
- Meals (except breakfasts)
- Own transport to and from Kunnunurra
- Meals are available at the Dusty Bar & Grill
- A general store with groceries is available at the station
- There is a camp kitchen at the station
- We will provide a small butane burner and pot for those who may want to use it in the morning or evening.
- A very small amount of supplies can be brought for breakfasts and special dietary needs packed in your case.
- Bring a water bottle. There is drinking water provided at Home Valley Station.
There is a source of freshwater at the General Campground near the Station Store where the permanent tents are.
- Flights to Kununurra leave from Broome or Darwin. There is also a Greyhound bus from Broome, Darwin and Perth.
- From Kununurra, we drive together by 4WD to El Questro Station.
- Please note that luggage space is limited to one case or pack and a day pack.
Home Valley Station:
Home Valley Station is a 615,000 acre heritage cattle station and tourism property in the Kimberley region, in the far north east of Western Australia. Including its two Out Stations the area exceeds 3.5 million acres.
Owned by the Indigenous Land Corporation on behalf of the Balanggarra people of the East Kimberley, Home Valley Station also hosts an onsite training program for Indigenous men and women from the region, who are studying tourism, hospitality and a range of pastoral operations.
We chose this place as our base as it has the wilderness as well as the comforts.
Extra activities available (at own cost) include horse-riding, fishing and helicopter rides.
Accommodation is in shared powered eco-tents (see image, right). These are extra large semi-permanent safari-style tented cabins (5m x 6m) located in an idyllic bush setting. They feature extra-high pitched roof tops and large canvas windows on all sides which can be fully drawn back at night to reveal a stunning blanket of Kimberley stars.
The Station Facilities:
- Station store
- Dusty Bar & Grill
- Lagoon style pool for swimming
- Amenities block with hot showers and flushing toilets.
- Guest laundry